Congratulations New York Net-Zero Heroes™!
What makes you a Net-Zero Hero™?
What's your favorite hack to reduce carbon emissions? We want to share the best tips with our community and help you lower your bills while you cut your carbon emissions. Just share your best Net-Zero Hero™ story and youll be entered to win! Use this form or tag us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter: #netzerohero.
Did you know?
- New Yorkers know that Bioheat® Fuel is a smart choice to reduce greenhouse gas emissions while keeping warm and cozy all winter.
- The renewable biofuels used to make Bioheat® fuel reduce carbon dioxide, sulfur and other particulate emissions.
- The New York heating industry has been leading the nation in creating standards for liquid renewable heating fuels to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- All fuel delivered to New York City and Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester Counties meets the region-wide B5 Bioheat® fuel standard
- Many dealers are already delivering blends up to B20 – and their customers didn’t have to change their heating equipment at all!
- New Yorkers are already enjoying the benefits of clean, green Bioheat® fuel!
- Bioheat® fuel can be used in any oil-powered boiler, furnace, water heater or burner already in place.
- New York State offers tax credits up to $0.20 per gallon for anyone using Bioheat® fuel with blends between 6 percent and 20 percent renewable biodiesel. Download form IT-241 and speak with your local Bioheat® fuel dealer for more information. Please review all documentation with your tax professional.
- According to NYSERDA, upgrading to a new high-efficiency heating system can save you as much as 48.3 percent.
Are You a #NetZeroHero?
Please share your best ideas for reducing carbon emissions! We’ll include the best ideas on our website and social media feeds!