Bioheat® fuel is a clean and green energy source, with an increasing renewable energy component, that is putting Net-Zero Heroes™ like you on a path to a sustainable future. In fact, you might already be using Bioheat® fuel without even knowing it!
Right Here, Right Now.
- Bioheat® fuel is available right here, right now and already being delivered to millions of homes across the Northeast.
- Bioheat® fuel is a blend of renewable biodiesel and traditional heating oil. It is safe, clean, affordable, and immediately accessible.
- Today’s Bioheat® fuel can be used in any oil-fired boiler or furnace. There is no need for equipment modifications or costly replacements. Read more about saving on energy costs with Bioheat® fuel.
How Bioheat® Fuel Benefits You >
- Blends of 2% to 5% biodiesel (B2-B5) are referred to as Bioheat®. Bioheat Plus® refers to blends of 6% to 20% (B6-B20) biodiesel. Blends of greater than 20% biodiesel (B21-B100) are known as Bioheat SuperPlus®.
- A recent survey of just 107 heating fuel dealers showed more than 182,000 homes have used B1-B10, more than 96,000 have used B11-B25 and more than 17,000 have used B26-B90.
- The heating oil industry has committed to achieve 15% carbon reductions by 2023, 40% reductions by 2030, and net-zero by 2050, using Bioheat Plus® and Bioheat SuperPlus®. Read more about the path to net-zero.
How Bioheat® Fuel Benefits Everybody >
Made in America.
- The biodiesel in Bioheat® fuel comes from American-made feedstock like soybean oil, used cooking oil and recycled animal fats.
- Biodiesel production supports more than 65,000 clean-energy and agriculture jobs while Bioheat® fuel delivery supports thousands more.
- Most fuel delivery companies are local, family owned and operated small businesses that create jobs and give back to their communities in a number of other ways. Read more about the Bioheat® fuel community.
How Bioheat® Benefits Your Community >