Bioheat® fuel is a high value, lower carbon heating solution for homes and businesses of all sizes. As a Net-Zero Hero™, you can enjoy significant energy savings — and cost savings — right here, right now.
- Using today’s Bioheat® fuel does not require replacing or modifying your boiler, furnace, fuel storage tank, or other heating equipment.
- Regular maintenance, offered by your current heating fuel provider, can improve the efficiency and extend the life of your heating equipment.
- If you do want to replace your heating system, a new high-efficiency boiler or furnace can reduce your annual Bioheat® fuel costs substantially, with many customers saving between 20 and 50 percent. Plus, cash rebates may be available with the purchase of higher-efficiency heating equipment or a new aboveground storage tank.
Find Rebates In Your State >
Tax Credits &
- If you or someone you know has trouble paying for heating, help is available through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP). This program provides direct financial assistance for qualifying households’ heating fuel and equipment costs.
- Your Bioheat® fuel provider may offer flexible payment options that can help make it easier to pay your heating bills, including budget plans, price protection programs and more. Talk to your heating fuel dealer to see which options are available for you and your family.
- In addition to helping you receive cash rebates for upgrading your heating equipment, your Bioheat® fuel provider may be able to help you with low-interest or no-interest financing for your upgrade.
- If you are in New York State, you may qualify for a tax credit just for using Bioheat® fuel. For every gallon purchased, the Clean Heating Fuel Credit provides 1 cent for each percentage of biodiesel from 6% to 20%. For example, if you buy 1,000 gallons of B20 Bioheat Plus® fuel, you would qualify for a $200 credit (1,000 gallons x $.20 for 20% biodiesel = $200).
How Bioheat® Benefits Your Community >
- It has been estimated that for every dollar invested in energy efficiency through the ENERGY STAR® program, Americans saved $4.50 on their energy bills and prevented more than 35 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions. Since 1992, ENERGY STAR has saved Americans $362 billion dollars on their utility bills.
- Other simple steps, like lowering your water heater temperature or using a smart thermostat, can easily reduce your home energy costs as much as 10 percent.
- Bioheat Plus® fuel blends containing 20% biodiesel can reduce your home’s carbon emissions by 16.2 percent. Higher blends provide even greater emission reductions. Read more about the path to net-zero.
How Bioheat® Fuel Benefits Everybody >