Bioheat® fuel is delivered to millions of American homes and businesses and supports billions of dollars in economic activity. It also reduces our country’s dependence on foreign energy while supporting American farmers.
Made in America.
- The biodiesel in Bioheat® fuel comes mainly from soybean oil, which is a waste byproduct of American soybean farming, and used cooking oil, which is recycled from local restaurants.
- The U.S. can produce up to 3 billion gallons of biodiesel per year, and we have the near-term capacity to virtually double that in volume, drastically reducing waste, emissions and fossil energy use in the process.
- Biodiesel supports more than 65,000 renewable energy jobs and generates billions of dollars in GDP, household income and tax revenues.
How Bioheat® Benefits You >
Supports the Local Economy.
- Most Bioheat® fuel dealers are small family businesses and many have been owned and operated by the same family for multiple generations.
- The average Bioheat® dealer employs 52 people and provides essential products and services to thousands of local homes and businesses.
- The industry operates numerous charitable organizations, including Vets2Techs, which helps provide jobs for U.S. military veterans, and Oil Heat Cares, which donates heating systems to families in need.
How Bioheat® Benefits Our State >
Aids in COVID-19 Relief Efforts.
- Bioheat® dealers provide emergency equipment repairs and fuel deliveries for locked-down residents, helping to keep them warm and safe. These emergency services are available 24/7/365.
- Bioheat® dealers have also delivered fuel to outdoor testing sites and temporary medical facilities, helping to keep patients and health care workers more comfortable.
- Some Bioheat® dealers donate meals to their communities’ hospitals, firehouses, and nursing homes, helping to keep their fellow essential workers well fed while also supporting local restaurants.
How Bioheat® Benefits Everybody >